Thursday, May 20, 2010

#'s

After a night of waiting, sleeping on floors, benches and numerous dirty places, I am officially out of Afghanistan!

Everyone is now on their way to Cyprus for a few days of decompression and relaxation. I would much rather be at my sisters wedding however the powers that be denied my request to leave theater early. She gets married in 2 days in southern Alberta. I wish I could be there.

So without blowing too much smoke up our asses we completed our job and are all coming home safe. The final numbers are in:

Total IEDs for D COY - 165-170
Total IEDs for our platoon - 83
Total close calls - ??
Total weight of yours truly kitted up - 310lbs
Total weight of yours truly buck naked - 201lbs
Total weight lost throughout tour - 28lbs
Total estimated kilometers patrolled - 800-1000
Total bug bite scars - too many to count
Total fallen for D COY - 5 ....rest easy boys
Total battle related injuries D COY - too many
Total non battle related injuries - dunno, but i think the best one was a chipped tooth on a stale smartie.
Total front page exploits of yours truly - 1, Toronto Star
Total # of times I thought of my friends and family - everyday
Total # of times I thought of Chandra - too many to count
Total # of times I looked at your picture in my helmet - every time I put it on
Total # of times I asked God to guide my feet - every step of the way

I find myself running out of time yet again on this 30 minute computer... So until I'm back on Canadian soil I'll leave it at that for now..... Of to CYP to do a little golfiin, cigars, and just a leeetle bit of beer.

One more post to go.......Koobayashi...out
l

1 comment:

  1. Joel
    May the Lord bless you
    and protect you.
    May the Lord smile on you
    and be gracious to you.
    May the Lord show you his favor
    and give you his peace.

    Numbers 6

    He has been faithful and granted you all these blessings, there will be many many more blessings to come.

    God's speed as you cross the pond.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete